Hi, I’m Andy Lemaire. I’m a professional classical and jazz guitarist who has been active in the Greensboro and Winston Salem, North Carolina, area for 10 years.
I originally moved to Greensboro to attend the UNCG School of Music, where I was a student in their Miles Davis Jazz Studies program. During this time I studied jazz and classical guitar with Mark Mazzatenta. I played in the UNCG Jazz Band, had solo classical recitals, and played in small jazz groups.
Before attending UNCG, I went to Appalachian State University. There, I played in the ASU Guitar Ensemble and performed frequently on the local music scene in a handful of bands.
Currently, I stay busy with a variety of musical projects:
- Performing and writing original music for the jazz trio Just 3
- Writing a collection of original, modern finger-style acoustic guitar music
- Occasionally filling in with jazz groups in the area
- Performing finger-style and classical guitar music for weddings and other private events
- Teaching private guitar lessons, where I maintain a studio of about 50 students
I’ve performed at weddings and events at many locations in North Carolina, including:
- The Ritz Carleton (Charlotte)
- Summerfield Farms (Summerfield)
- Tuscany Gardens (Browns Summit)
- The Great Room (Chapel Hill)
- Jolo Vineyards (Pilot Mountain)
- Autumn Creek Vineyards (Mayodan)
- Zimmerman Vineyards (Trinity)
- Rock Barn Golf & Spa (Conover)
- Wakefield Plantation (Raleigh)
- The Biltmore Estate (Asheville)